Cooking time-10 minutes prep, plus freezing time overnight.
Skill Level- Easy
- 2kg of watermelon, skin removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 small bunch of mint
- Juice of 2 limes
Watch the step by step process
- Chop the watermelon into large chunks, then add all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a large dish and place in the freezer overnight until it has set. Use a fork to mix the granita around after the first hour and then let it freeze overnight. Whilst I’ve seen other recipes say you need to mix the granita every hour, I found you didn’t really need to touch it at all and it was still fluffy the next day.
- When you’re ready to serve, take the dish out of the freezer and scrape the granita with a fork until it has a nice and fluffy texture.
- Serve in a coupe glass and garnish with some mint leaves.