Dry & Spicy Martini
I recently went to the Yarra Valley and visited the lovely people at @fourpillarsgin Distillery in Healeville. I popped in to say hi and finally got to meet @elizabethmarie_89 face to face, who I first met back in September, when we did a virtual cocktail making class for @yarravalleydandenongranges. I decided to get behind the bar and make some cocktails with her and it was a blast. This one is a twist on a classic try martini using the latest Four Pillars Spice Trade Gin, a collaboration with @strangerandsons, another award wining gin distillery based in Goa.
- 2 shots (60ml) of @fourpillarsgin Spice Trade Gin, available from @danmurphys
- 5ml of Lillet Blanc or Dry Vermouth
- 1 dash of bitters
- 1 lemon twist
- 1 cup of ice
- Place a handful of ice into your cocktail glass to chill whilst you make your cocktail.
- Pour in gin, Lillet and bitters into a mixing glass.
- Fill with ice and use a stirrer to chill down the drink, stirring ‘round the outside, round the outside like two trailer park girls’ 😉
- Taste the martini and continue to stir until it’s to your liking.
- Throw out the ice in your cocktail glass and strain the cocktail into the now frozen cocktail glass
- Using your index finger and thumb on both hands, fold your lemon peel in half lengthwise and express the oils and rub around the rim of the glass.
- Twist the lemon and drop into the centre of the martini as a garnish.
Watch the process