A classic and elegantly simple gin cocktail
- 30ml of Gin, I've used Taka Gin that has Native Lemongrass and Lemon Scented Gum, but any Gin will do
- 20ml of lemon juice
- 10 ml of simple syrup
- ½ cup of ice
- 100ml of sparkling wine. I’ve used @chandonaus Sparkling Rosé
- 1 lemon peel
- Add the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice into a shaker and shake till chilled.
- Strain into a flute glass.
- Top with sparkling wine to fill the glass.
- Peel a 10cm length of lemon peel. Use the knife to cut it down into a strip 1.5cm wide.
- Twist the lemon peel into a spiral and run the peel around the lip of the glass to spray some of the lemon juice.
- Once the peel has been twisted enough that it remains in a spiral shape, gently place it on the lip of the glass as a garnish so half of it hangs on the glass and the other half is submerged in the cocktail.
- Serve immediately.
Watch the process