A stunning cocktail in partnership with @kip&co inspired by my Summer Sunset Check print that we’ve just launched together. This cocktail is a funky play on the Petruccio, usually a sour made from gin and aperol, but I’ve dropped in some grenadine at the end to give it a beautiful sunset hue that looks like my print.
- 30ml of Aperol
- 30ml of gin
- Dash of orange bitters, optional
- 30ml of lemon juice
- 10ml of simple syrup
- 1 egg white or 6 drops of foamer
- Dash (5ml) of grenadine
- 2 cups of ice
Watch the process
- Grab the glass you wish to serve your cocktail in and fill it with ice to chill whilst you prepare your cocktail.
- Place your Aperol, gin, lemon juice, egg white and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Close the lid and give it a ‘dry shake’ for 10 seconds.
- Then add in your ice and shake again until the exterior of the shaker is ice cold.
- Tip out your ice in the glass and then using a strainer, pour your cocktail into the glass until the foam hits the top.
- Pour in a dash of grenadine and use cocktail pick or tooth pick to make a little pattern on top of the foam where the grenadine is.