This is a citrusy cocktail inspired by a Paloma and Margarita but using vodka instead. It’s a simple mix of fresh grapefruit and lime juice which brings out the flavours in the vodka, balanced with some simple syrup and garnished with fresh grapefruit and a salt rim, which gives you that salty and sour taste, that’s very Margarita!
- 60ml (2 shots) of @G52vodka Fresh Citrus Botanical Vodka
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of half a pink grapefruit,
- 30ml simple syrup
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 thick slice of grapefruit for garnish
Watch the process
- Do the salt rim for your glass first. Place a few spoonful's of salt onto a plate. Cut a lime in half, tip your glass upside down and wet the lip of the glass with the lime.
- Place the glass onto the plate and roll in the salt mixture until it fully covers the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice, the @g52vodka Fresh Citrus Botanical Vodka, simple syrup, lime and grapefruit juice. Close the lid and shake till chilled.
- Fill your glass with ice and then Fill your glass with ice and then cut a slice of grapefruit into quarters and drop a couple into the glass, leaving one for the garnish.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Add your last slice of grapefruit to the rim of your glass by cutting a small slit into the rind and then hanging it onto the rim.