A new coffee cocktail to celebrate International Coffee Day .This is called a Siciliano, as it uses a Sicilian Amaro called Averna. Amaro translates to bitters in Italian and is normally served before dinner as an aperitivo or after as a digestive. Averna is a richer amaro so it adds a nice fruity and floral sweetness to the coffee and the hint of orange makes it zing.
- 30ml shot of @lavazzaaus espresso coffee
- 30ml sweet vermouth, preferably Antica Formula
- 20ml amaro, preferably Averna
- 15ml simple syrup
- 1 cup of ice
- Dash of soda water, optional
- Orange peel, for serving
Watch the process
- Mix coffee, vermouth, amaro, simple syrup and ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake till cold and strain into a martini glass.
- Add a dash of soda water.
- Garnish with the length of orange zest. 4. Use your index finger and thumb to fold in half lengthwise and squeeze the citrus over the rim of the glass to release the aromas.
- Drop the peel into your cocktail and enjoy!