One of the two cocktails I made for my Carb-Chella event,This is a fun play on the retro tequila sunrise but I’ve added a spicy salt rim to give it a kick. If you wanted to make it even more spicy, you could infuse the tequila ahead of time with chillies.
- 30ml tequila
- 125ml of orange and pineapple juice
- 5ml of grenadine
- 1 tablespoon of tajin
- ½ a lime
- 1 cup of ice
Watch the process
- Start by creating your spicy salt rim. Flip a short glass upside down and run a lime half along the lip of the glass. Then dip the glass rim into a plate of Tajin, slowly turning the glass so that the Tajin coats the rim of the glass.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour in the tequila.
- Fill the glass with the orange and pineapple juice.
- Drop in the grenadine into the centre of the glass.
- Give the cocktail a quick stir to create a sunset effect.
- Serve immediately!