- ½ of a napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced into batons
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, toasted
- 2-3 stalks of your choice of Asian herbs: Vietnamese Mint,
- 4-5 tablespoons of Vietnamese Dipping Sauce for the dressing.
- 2 tablespoons of palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- A pinch of dry chilli flakes or my chilli oil
- Thinly shred your cabbage and thinly slice your carrot into small batons (julienned) and place into a bowl.
- Thinly slice your choice of Asian herbs and add to the bowl.
- Then toast your sesame in a pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Place into a bowl and set aside until you’re ready to dress your salad.
- For the slaw dressing, if you have made my Vietnamese Dipping Sauce, you can use that as instant salad dressing with thinly sliced red onion, but if you haven’t made that sauce, place 2 tablespoons of palm sugar into a bowl with a tablespoon of water and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Then add in the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 2 teaspoons of chilli oil or 1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes. Add in your thinly sliced red onion, mix to combine and set aside.
- Mix your dressing and toasted sesame seeds into your slaw and mix until the slaw is fully coated.
- Serve on its own or as a side salad.
Watch the process