Banana & Caramel Fritters
I know you love fritters, so here’s a Banana Caramel Fritters recipe for you in partnership with Bonne Maman featuring their Caramel Sauce and some overripe bananas as the base of the batter. Aside from banana bread and pancakes, this recipe uses up your overripe bananas and whips them into something delicious in 10 minutes. I’ve used Bonne Maman's Caramel Sauce in the batter to make it sweeter ad richer but I’ve also served it alongside the fritters to dip into. You could eat these on their own, but dipping them in some rich caramel sauce definitely takes them to another level. Also these could go really well with some vanilla ice cream too if you wanted something cold to go with them.
Makes- 15 banana puffs
Cooking time- 20 minutes
Skill level- Easy
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of Bonne Maman Caramel Sauce, plus extra for dipping into.
- 1 cup of plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup of rice flour, sifted
- ½ cup of sparkling water
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 cups of vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar for dusting
Watch the process
- Mash your bananas in a bowl until you have a smooth banana mixture.
- Add in the Bonne Maman Caramel Sauce and mix through.
- Fold in half of your plain and rice flour and then add in the remaining half once fully folded through.
- Add in the sparkling water and baking powder and mix until you get a smooth batter. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the oil into a pot and heat on high for at least 5 minutes or until a chopstick inserted into the oil begins to bubble.
- Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to scoop up the mixture and drop into the hot oil.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with some extra Bonne Maman Caramel sauce on the side to dip into.