Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
Super simple 5 minute salad and the perfect way to enjoy tomatoes in season. Normally caprese salad is with larger tomatoes and big slices of mozzarella but in this version, I used heirloom tomatoes of all different shapes and sizes using what was from my garden and left in my fridge and then I thinly sliced and placed them onto a plate. I then sprinkled a generous amount of salt on them which brings out their flavour and sweetness, honestly the only way to eat in season tomatoes. Then I grabbed a fresh mozzarella ball and tore it into tiny little dollops all over the tomatoes. Drizzle some olive oil, generous pinch of pepper and scattered some freshly torn basil all over. That’s it!
- 1 cup worth of heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- A generous pinch of salt
- A generous pinch of pepper
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A few leaves of basil, hand torn
1. Place it all the ingredients onto a plate in the above order and enjoy!