Orecchiette with Sausage & Broccolini
5 ingredients and a 15 minute pasta that’s flavourful and perfect for a weeknight meal. The nduja is optional but I love the extra flavour and dimension it adds to the sauce and the way it flavours the broccolini. I use broccolini for ease, but you can also use broccoli. You just need to cut it into thinner pieces and may need to blanche before adding to the pasta.
Serves - 2
Ingredients - 5
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
Skill Level - Easy
- 200g of orecchiette, 100g p/person
- 2 pork sausages
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of nduja, optional. You could also substitute with a few spoons of chilli oil or dried chilli flakes if you want a bit of spice in your pasta or omit completely.
- 1-2 bunches of broccolini cut into 3-4cm lengths
- 3 tbsp of Grana Padano cheese, micro planed
- Place the orecchiette in a pot of salted boing water and cook for approx 5-7mins until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan, add a little bit of olive oil and squeeze out the sausage from the casing into the pan. Use a spatula to break up the sausage into small bite sized pieces and allow to cook and brown in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Add the nduja and cook for 30 seconds or until fully dissolved.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add in the broccolini. Stir to combine with the sausage and cook for 2 minutes. Add a ladle of the starchy pasta water to steam the broccolini and cook it faster.
- Add in the orecchiette and a few ladles of the starchy pasta water and mix to emulsify and create a sauce. Add in a handful of cheese.
- Serve onto a plate and shower with some optional micro planed cheese.
Watch the process
Find more of my Pasta Recipes here