Pear, Parmesan & Rocket Salad
This is a two minute pear, parmesan and rocket salad that is perfect as a quick and easy side salad for time of the year. This simple Italian salad pairs perfectly with any pasta, pizza or even with some grilled meats!
- 1 pear
- 1 cup (small bag) of rocket
- 20g of Parmesan or Grana Padano
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Optional - finely grated lemon zest
- Place a thin layer of rocket into a serving dish
- Quarter your pear removing the core and thinly slice. Arrange on top of your bed of rocket.
- Finely grated a thin layer of cheese on top using a micro plane and add a pinch of salt and pepper to season.
- Drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, whichever you have or prefer.
- Finish with a final light layer of cheese and optional lemon zest.
You could add some chopped walnuts to this to add a crunchy texture too
Watch the process