This delicious dish is a modern take on the traditional New England Lobster Rolls, using prawns which is easier, faster and cheaper to prepare. Prawns are poached in butter and garlic and then combined into a sauce using aioli, chives, mustard powder and lemon juice. Served in toasted split top brioche buns with some lettuce and plain potato chips served on the side. It’s the perfect dish for a summer lunch or picnic! Makes 6 rolls and is great as a starter/ side dish or even just enjoyed on it’s own!
Makes- 6 buns
Cooking Time- 25 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 500g (approx 16) of raw prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 1 packet of 6 split top brioche buns (100g)
- 50g of butter, plus extra for toasting
- 3 tablespoons (60g) of Heinz Seriously Good Garlic Aioli
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 small gem lettuce, leaves washed
- 1 lemon,
- 1 packet (175g) of salted potato chips, to serve alongside prawn rolls
- Dice prawns into 2cm chunks, place into a bowl adding the garlic and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Heat a small pan and add in the butter to melt.
- Add in your prawns and poach in the butter and garlic for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Turn of the heat and transfer your prawns to a bowl to cool down slightly.
- Cut off the sides of each bun and toast in the same pan you cooked your prawns for 2 minutes on each side with some melted butter.
- Now add the garlic aioli to the bowl of prawns and mix to combine.
- Add the chives, mustard powder and the juice of half a lemon and fold into the prawns until fully coated and combined.
- To assemble, place down a small piece of cos lettuce before spooning 1-2 tablespoons of the prawn mixture into the buns.
- Serve with plain potato chips and eat immediately.
- If you’re preparing these for a picnic, transfer your prawn mixture to a transportable container and wrap up your buns in foil. Transport each element separately and assemble them just before you eat served with some salted potato chips and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Watch the process