A summery and fresh meal that requires no cooking or heat! Simply buy some tostaditas, make a guacamole and then mix together a prawn salsa with your favourite fruits, herbs and heaps of lime.
Serves: 6-8 as a shared dish
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- 1 packet (250g, 20 pieces) of Tostaditas. (Brand is El Cielo and bought from Cleo’s Deli at Prahran Market)
- 500g of prawns, cooked, peeled and diced, (Bought from Prahran Seafood at Prahran Market)
- 1 ruby grapefruit, peeled and flesh extracted
- 5 red radish, finely sliced
- ½ pineapple, finely diced
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 limes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 avocados, mashed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Chilli Oil for garnish
Watch the process
- Make the guacamole by mashing 3 avocados in a bowl. Traditionally a Molcajete is used to crush all the ingredients together but I’ve used a mortar and pestle which is the closest thing. Add a generous handful of red onion, coriander, pinch of salt and combine. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime and set aside. This will be used to spread on the base of the tostada so that all the other ingredients can stick to it.
- To make the prawn salsa mix, place 500g of cooked prawns, 1 chopped mango, ½ chopped red onion, 5 finely sliced radish, 1 large red chilli finely chopped, ½ pineapple finely diced, 1 diced grapefruit and a generous handful of finely chopped coriander into a large serving platter. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime and mix to combine. Taste and season as necessary with salt, more lime or chilli.
- To serve, smear a layer of the guacamole over the tostadita, then a heaped spoonful of the prawn salsa mix. Garnish with a coriander leaf and a drizzle of chilli oil.
- Alternatively, you can just bring out each element (prawn salsa, guacamole, tostaditas, coriander, chilli oil) onto the table and let everyone assemble the tostadas themselves. It makes for an interactive dish at the table!