Makes- 3 pupcakes
Unlike normal cupcakes, these are safe for doggos and you can easily whip these up with ingredients that you should already have at home. They can be made as a special treat for their birthday or just because, because dogs and pets are the best and they deserve the world and should get treats on the regular in my opinion. I made this recipe for one of my dogs Marlo’s birthday a few weeks back and I had the help of my other dog Pabla to make them with me.
Cooking Time- 25 mins
Skill Level- Easy AF
- 1 apple (or pear)
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, plus extra for the pupcake icing
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of prosciutto or bacon- optional
- A paw full of your choice of sprinkles- optional
- Finely chop the apple and place into a food processor or blender along with the peanut butter, flour, baking powder and egg. Blend until smooth.
- Place a heaped tablespoon into some cupcakes pans and cook for 15 minutes at 200 degrees celcius or until golden brown. To make sure they are cooked through, insert and toothpick and if it comes out clean, its ready. If it comes out still doughy, leave it in the oven for a further 2 minutes before checking again.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the pupcakes to cook, roughly chop the prosciutto/bacon into small squares and render in a small pan for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool and crisp up.
- Remove the pupcakes from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a bench. Cover the tops of the pupcakes in peanut butter, add the crispy prosciutto/bacon, your choice of sprinkles and add a candle in the centre.
- Light it, give it to your doggo to blow out the candle and let them enjoy it!