Simple Cos Wedge Salad
A simple cos wedge salad that comes together in 3 minutes. The dressing is a quick mixture of what I have lying in my fridge. I normally just like to thin out some mayo with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. You want the consistency to be thin so when you spoon it over the lettuce it can get into the layers, because you can’t toss this salad. If I have a few extra things in my fridge like herbs or capers, I throw it in for a little something extra and to use it up.
Serves- 2 as a side salad
Cooking time- 3 minutes
Skill level- Easy
- 1 cos lettuce, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of kewpie mayo or any mayo you have lying around.
- 1 teaspoon of mustard. I used mild, but you could use any: Dijon or even a seeded one would be nice.
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Fennel fronds, roughly chopped. Optional- I just had these in the fridge.
- Place your cos wedges onto a place.
- Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Make your dressing by combining all the ingredients together with a whisk until you get a thin milk like consistency. Season it to taste with salt.
- Spoon the dressing over the cos wedges, making sure to spoon it into the crevices and layers of lettuce.
- Serve immediately.