Only 3 simple ingredients that were made for each other in this decadent and creamy pasta. My go-to pasta when I’m lazy but still want to eat luxuriously.
Cooking Time- 10 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 150g of guanciale (pork cheek), pancetta (pork belly) or bacon
- 200g of spaghetti
- 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk, make sure they’re good, fresh eggs. My favourite are @honesteggsco
- 100g (or approx 1 cup worth of grated) of pecorino romano, finely grated
Watch the process
- Cook 200g of spaghetti in salted boiling water (approx 2 Tbsp of salt) for 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, dice 150g of guanciale into small cubes and place into a pan and render out the fat for 5 minutes on medium heat until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk and 100g of grated cheese with a pinch of pepper and mix into a slurry.
- Transfer your spaghetti to the pan and pour in a few ladles of the starchy pasta water. Stir and you’ll see the water emulsify with the guanciale fat to create a sauce.
- Turn off the heat and pour in your egg/cheese fluffy into the pan. Immediately stir quickly to allow the cheese to melt into the sauce to become a cream. Heat needs to be off so your eggs don’t curdle.
- Sprinkle in more cheese as you desire.
- Transfer to a platter or plate and finish off with a little more cheese because you didn’t come this far to skimp on cheese!