Spicy Vongole, Nduja and Tomato Linguine
A stunning seafood pasta in partnership with @kipandco featuring our new table linen collaboration range in action. This pasta is inspired by my Spicy Clam Check print that is part of the collection a fun, repeating print of tomatoes, clams and chilli.
Cooking Time- 20 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 400g of linguine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chilli oil or 1 fresh red chilli sliced
- 2 tablespoons of nduja
- ⅓ cup of white wine
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1kg or bag of vongole, clams
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
Watch the process
- Boil a pot of generously salted (approx 2 tablespoons) water and place your pasta in to cook until al dente for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice your garlic and finely chop your parsley.
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil and once shimmering, add in the garlic and a tablespoon of chilli oil and cook for 1 minute on medium until the garlic just starts to turn golden.
- Add in the nduja and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes until the nduja has melted and starts coats all of the tomatoes.
- Add in the wine and cook for another minute.
- Add the vongole to the pan and place a lid over the pan to steam the clams for about 4 minutes. During this time you’ll see they start to open up and release their juices.
- Once the pasta is al dente, transfer from the pot directly into the pan, pour in ½ cup of the starchy pasta water and toss till the water and oil emulsifies into a sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Throw in the parsley, the lemon juice and give it one final stir.
- Transfer to a platter, drizzle over some chilli oil and serve immediately!