Squid Linguine - Linguine al nero di seppia
Sharing a new pasta recipe in partnership with @maxwellandwilliamsofficial and their Ceramica Salerno collection. I was inspired to share another pasta inspired by the bright and colourful plates of the collection, made in Italy. I love the feel of this whole collection and the way the pieces all work together without matching exactly, it takes me straight back to Capri and this recipe reminds me of a pasta I had when I was last there.
Cooking Time- 15 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil/a pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tube of squid/calamari
- 200g of squid ink long pasta (linguine, spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon of Nduja, optional
- ½ cup of tomato puree
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fish roe, optional
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil and or parsley leaves
Watch the process
@__jessicanguyen SQUID LINGUINE- full recipe on my Instagram 🍝❤️ #pasta #linguine #foodies #foodtok ♬ Jamirobeegees Mashup: Stayin' Alive / Virtual Insanity - Pomplamoose
1 hour before you want to cook this recipe, place your squid tube into the freezer to firm up. This will allow you to finely slice the squid easier. Use a knife, mandolin or meat cutter to cut into fine strips, as thick as linguine.
- Boil a pot of generously salted water and place your pasta in to cook for about 7 minutes or until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with a few glugs of olive and once shimmering, add in 1 finely chopped brown onion and sweat for a few minutes. Add in the 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic, 1 Tbsp of chilli oil/chilli flakes and 1 Tbsp of nduja and cook for a further minute to infuse.
- Add in ½ cup of pureed tomatoes and 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes until the cherry tomatoes are starting to soften.
- Spoon in a few ladles of pasta water and allow to emulsify to create a sauce.
- Add in your squid and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in your pasta and allow to cook for a further minute to soak in the sauce.
- Throw in some fresh chopped parsley (1 small bunch) and or basil and stir through.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with the juice of half a lemon, some grated lemon zest, optional fish roe on top for a bit of crunch and some fresh basil and/or parsley leaves.