Sticky Vegemite Chicken Wings
Easy sticky chicken wings with a Vegemite marinade.
Cooking Time- 45 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
6-8 chicken wings
Dry spice rub
2-3 teaspoons of your choice of dry spices or pre-made spice rub. The one I used had: Fennel, cassia, celery salt, Sichuan pepper, juniper berry, star anise, clove and marjoram.
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of Vegemite
1 teaspoon of garlic, microplaned
1 teaspoon of ginger, microplaned
2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce/ketchup
A few sprigs of coriander and spring onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with some paper towel. You can also leave them to dry out on your kitchen counter and come down to room temperature in advance before marinating.
- Sprinkle over the salt and spice rib and make sure the chicken is fully coated.
- Place onto a baking tray elevated with a wire rack and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked and golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into a small pan and cook over medium, until the sauce reduces and begins to bubble.
- Add in the chicken wings and toss to coat and allow to cook for another 3 minutes in the pan to absorb and coat.
- Place onto a plate and garnish with herbs and sesame seeds.
Watch the Process