An easy dip featuring greek yoghurt as our hero ingredient, in partnership with @australiandairy. Tzatziki is such an easy dairy dip to make at home in 5 minutes using the simple ingredients below. I made this batch and had it as a snack alongside some warmed pita and then used the rest in sandwiches for lunch for the rest of the week.
Consuming your recommended daily serves of dairy is an important part of achieving and maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and these dips are a perfect way to get your dose of dairy in.
Serves- 2-3 people as a dip
Cooking time- 5 minutes
Skill Level- Easy
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt, ideally strained
- 1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, grated on the biggest holes on a box grater and excess moisture strained using a paper towel.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely microplaned
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus extra for dressing
- Juice of half a lemon
- A few sprigs of dill, roughly chopped reserving a pinch for dressing
- Pinch of flakey salt for dressing
- Peel your cucumber and grate it using the largest holes on a box grater. Place onto a paper towel or muslin cloth and strain out the excess water. You need to remove as much moisture from the cucumber so your tzatziki isn’t watery.
- Place Greek yoghurt, olive oil, cucumber, salt, olive oil, dill and lemon juice into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place into a dip bowl and garnish with a glug of olive oil, flakey salt and some dill.
Watch the process
Once you've made your Tzatziki, you can also make a simple falafel pita for lunch, inspo below;