Vietnamese Spring Onion Oil (Mỡ Hành)
Mở Hành is a simple yet delicious Vietnamese garnish that you can use in many ways. It can be used to garnish a dish, or brushed onto grilled meats or fish, and added to Bún bowls. Because it's so simple to make, you can prep this fresh or make a batch in advance and keep in the fridge to use throughout the week.
- 2-3 stalks of spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of neutral oil (vegetable/canola)
- Pinch of salt
- Finely chop 2-3 stalks of spring onions, and place into a bowl.
- Then add 3 Tbsp of a neutral oil and a generous pinch of salt.
- Place into a microwave for 30 seconds until the oil is fragrant and the spring onions have softened into the oil.
- Set aside until it has cooled down, then it's ready to use!
Mở Hành is used in many Vietnamese dishes including: