A special Mother’s Day cocktail in partnership with @danmurphys.
This year, I’m gifting my mum with a bottle of her favourite spirit, Gin. However, it’s never enough for me to just give this to her. Everytime she comes over, she always asks me to make some kind of cocktail for her, so we’ve come up with a cocktail together using this gin and my current obsession, passion fruit, that you can make with your mum for Mother’s Day. It’s fruity, foamy and has that perfect balance of sweet and sourness from the fresh passion fruit. Recipe below.
- 60ml (about 1-2 passion fruits) strained fresh passion fruit juice
- 60ml Roku Gin
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 egg white or 6 dashes of wonderfoam for a vegan option
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 passion fruit half for garnishing
Watch the process
- Place passion fruit juice, gin, egg white, bitters, lemon juice and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously for at least 1 minute so the cocktail is creamy and foamy.
- Pour over a strainer into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with the passion fruit half. Cut an incision in the bottom of the passionfruit and hang it on the rim of the glass.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
If you're looking for more cocktail recipes, you can check out some of my favourites below;
- Passionfruit, Lychee & Mango Mojito
- Whisky Sour
- Pineapple & Chilli Margarita
- Cucumber & Elderflower Gimlet
Or you can check out all of my cocktail recipes here!
If you love passionfruit as much as I do, check out some of my other passionfruit recipes below;
- Passionfruit, Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins
- Pineapple & Passionfruit Tarte Tatin
- Tropical Colada Cocktail Dessert